Tuesday 5 July 2011

Welcome To My Blog

I have been meaning to start a blog for a while. I don't really know why but I suppose it's just my way of venting about things or letting you know my opinion of stuff.

You have to think about your reader and engage them, give them a reason to follow your writings which are essentially the ramblings of a stranger. All throughout my University career I was told my writing style was never really suited for pure academia and would be more suited in a press office. Well here I am! Working as the editor for a local music magazine, "following my pre-determined destiny."

I'm not too sure though. I made a video of a Gorilla walking like a man six months ago and that should've kicked my career but it didn't. My new task is to take the George K Rap  to the same heights but it's harder when you're not focusing all your time on it.

I have a lot to look forward to - newly married and moving into our home on Friday plus festivals a plenty coming up with very good friends. Spending time with Amy will be the greatest thing of all.

Check back in a few days and see what I'm writing, it could be insane.

2 comments:

  1. Definitley right there, Brad. I find most people start blogs the opposite way round by making the blog first before giving potential readership some interest to follow in the first place.

    Have fun and check out the stats section now and again, you can tell whether people have been visiting. Some seem to think a blog is inactive because hardly any comments are left, but it isn't the case.

    I was told simular at Uni about my writing style, not that its a style in the first place :).

    Look forward to more entries.

    ===KEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments Ken. I think I'm going to use this as a way to empty my head off all the things I think. I think you'll be sure to see a few game and movie reviews. We'll see how things develop!

    ReplyDelete